Thursday, October 6, 2011

Prayers Are Answered

Have you ever had a day, any day,  when you just know that things could not be a coincidence? I have felt that several times in my life, especially out here on a mission. I know that my Heavenly Father truly hears every prayer, even if it is just for something small, it matters to Him because it matters to me. One of my favorite quotes that I alway have running around in my head is from President Spencer W. Kimball:

“God does notice us, and He watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs.” I can tell you that is true. I have found many times that other people answer my prayers. Whether it's comforting words that I needed to hear through a hard time or a letter from a friend I really needed to hear from. These, I know are answers to my heartfelt prayers that Heavenly Father has granted me. The other thing that I have to remember as well is that I can be that answer to another's prayer as well as I act on those impressions that press upon my  mind.

This story given by President Gordon B. Hinckley has always warmed my heart. I have no doubt that those two boys were an answer to that man's prayer. I love that He poured his heart out to the Lord in gratitude for that blessing in which he recieved. It always reminds me that God is always watching over us.



Remember that you matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment